Equality for Gays!

Locations

Gaithersburg, Maryland

Just because they are gay, we shouldn't take our right to get married away. 

Walking down the road, hand-in-hand with their loved ones does not affect anyone around them.

If heterosexuals are allowed to show affection in public, why can’t homosexuals?

If women have the option to abort a child, why don't gays, lesbians, and transgender have the opportunity to raise a child?

Children do not oppose to coming home to a loving, caring couple. 

Children are not raised to discriminate same-sex marriages. 

Children in the foster system or orphanages are looking for homes and families that make them feel safe. 

Love is empowering; a feeling and sensation one cannot control. 

Love is for two people, despite their race, and sexual preference to come together and share their experiences and lifestyles together. 

They create a bond, just like those that are heterosexual. 

If there can be interracial marriages, why can’t there be same-sex marriages?

If Martin Luther King’s speech was able to cease racial discrimination, why can’t lesbian activist Ellen Sturtz’s words abolish same-sex discrimination?

We were taught to, “Treat people the way you want to be treated.”, if those who are quick to harm homosexuals with words, how would they feel if they were disrespected for something they do?

Marriage is the union of two people who love each other, despite the race and sexual orientation.

Same-sex marriage should be accepted, just as much as interracial marriage is accepted.   

Everyone deserves to feel safe and be free in their own skin.

Everyone deserves the right to share their life with someone they love, despite their sexual preference. 

Annie Posada

I chose to write about this topic because I have been around when my lesbian sister has been verbally acted by a man against her relationship. It is disappointing to see that people cannot understand and feel the need to disrespect those who chose to be with the same sex. It does not affect those around and has no major impact in being married or in a relationship with the same sex. If racial discrimination can be hear, same-sex marriage should be too! We have the right to be treated equally!