Everyone Perceives Suicide Differently.

Everyone perceives suicide differently.

Someone’s grandma killed herself because she was in so much pain from cancer and only had so long to live anyways.

Someone’s elementary son ‘died by suicide’ because he was dared to wrap a rope around his neck to see how long he could last without breathing, he ended up passing out and then dying.

Someone’s daughter committed suicide because she was kidnapped and had no hope of ever leaving.

Someone’s father killed himself because he was not allowed to see his kids anymore because of a custody battle lost.

Someone’s mother decided to shoot herself in her car because her husband beat her and nobody believed it.

Someone’s sibling is attempting suicide because they already lost their loved one to suicide.

Someone’s spouse died from their drinking problem and their depression and anxiety.

Everyone perceives suicide differently.

Some people say that their loved ones died by suicide

Some people say that their loved ones committed suicide

Some people say that their loved ones lost a fight to mental illness

Some people say that their loved ones died and do not explain further

Some people say that their loved ones [hung themselves, shot themselves, drowned, overdosed, and more]

Everyone perceives suicide differently.

It is illegal to kill yourself in many parts of the world.

It is illegal to attempt suicide in the U.S.

It is praised upon someone who chooses suicide for loyalty decades ago in certain cultures

It is frowned upon in some religions to commit suicide, so much that they will not bury the body

It is, for much of suicide survivors, looked upon as a mental illness that could have been changed

Everyone perceives suicide differently.

The one thing everyone shares is the loss of a loved one. The feeling of missing and loving them. The fact that life goes on for you.