The Exploitation

Belittled by the MAJORITY they never cared about the MINORITY. They always looked at what had happened but they had never IMAGINED what was to come. It was catastrophic, they were being SOLD, TOLD, what  to do, didn’t have anything but the truth. They know that they have to. They didn’t have an option, they were sold as if they were in an AUCTION. Sold like merchandise but that’s not very precise. Treated like garbage, no one thought twice. It happened like this, SEPARATED like laundry BLACK AND WHITE. SLAVERY and IMPERIALISM left people in a dark light. But that’s not all, it’s the beginning of the story, human trafficking begins, and it shortly becomes the reason that we cry, the reason that we pry, for information, isn’t it everyone’s temptation? Correct me if i’m wrong, but I think that now people have nothing to do but sit around. They want a change but they continue to do the same. MANIPULATION and LOSS OF MOTIVATION causes people to damage their reputation. They are treated unfairly and don’t know how to fight the exploitation. Not paid at all and above all they still remain patient. They don’t beg for a check, instead they stay a wreck. They know that they are not free, they want to flee, away from the pain, away from the stress and DISASTROUS days. It all comes at a price that they have to pay, it’s either death or they have to obey. They know that they can’t leave and become a stray, but then again they don’t want to betray. This is not the worst of it. THEY DIE,GET DISEASE,GET ISOLATED, and BETTER YET COMES PREGNANCY . If that is bad then there are other things to see. They think that they have debt but they don’t owe a single thing. Lost their families and their self-respect while the traffickers still go through BANKRUPTCY. How can you sell all of these people and not have a single thing, you don’t have a heart and that’s what we all see. There comes a time when we find a place and how we want to be. It’s called a better future and that means something to me. There is a bridge that connects us to other places, it’s called the DIFFUSION of other foreign faces. They come from all around they make their marks on the ground. They know where they stand, tall and proud. WE all go through HARDSHIPS and we may know a better way but if we stay sitting down we will go to another place. We know what we hear and we see what we believe and I believe that in this Earth there is much to see. I take my CULTURE with me and my TRADITIONS are what I speak. They can make a difference if they spread their ideas, there is a time and place for people to spread cheer. It’s in their new home that awaits them forever, wherever, whenever, with whoever. We are not the VICTIMS of our past we live in the present, exploitation is what we DISAPPROVE of and EXPLOITATION can’t live in our presence.

Imalay.S12

A poem about human trafficking and the lack of human rights in today's society.