Expression of Gratitude

Sun, 06/28/2015 - 11:34 -- kbush4

Wow, I really don’t think that I deserve this gift that You’re giving me,

I’m trying to gather my thoughts as to how I even fit into this category, you see…

I don’t always do what I am told; I’m stubborn, as if You don’t already know,

The lessons and teachings You give me often have to be repeated for me to finally understand,

I beat myself up because of the numerous times You had to pull me out of the sinking sand,

Yet, I’m still looking at this gift in my hand…

Communication lacked between me and You once or twice.or was it twenty?  I can’t remember…

Every time we’re distant, my patience begins to get slimmer; heart gets colder, inner light gets dimmer,

Yet, I’m still looking at this gift in my hand….

I’m not the sharpest tool in Your workshop…I get angry and sin, especially when I find out the people who I

thought was my friend turn out to be my enemies,

I sometimes ignore Your calls as You wake me up in the middle of the night, yet You still put breath in my body, movement in my limbs, the ability to have taste, hearing, touch, smell, and sight…

Why am I even up here?

I would have given up on myself a long time ago; if I was You…thank goodness I’m not,

I would’ve let myself be on my own in this world and watch myself rot…just so I could tell my stubborn self…

“I told you so.”

Yet You held on to me so tight that I couldn’t even dare thinking about letting go…

This gift remains in my hand…

Blowing dust off of Your book every Sunday begins to be the norm,

Thank You so much for not letting that be the main part of Your acceptance policy for I would have failed,

Oh my, how I would have failed,

I probably wouldn’t have gotten out of the situations without You because most of those were pure he…

let me stop.

This gift remains in my hand…

Amongst the wonderful creation You have made, You took the time out to make me,

You molded me as well as shaped me out of the dirt that I pat under my feet,

Out of that same dirt formed the all of the people that I met and will meet, even though there are some I wish

that I didn’t…hey, I’m just being honest with You…

But You knew me before I even came out of the womb, so I suppose all of these genetic and environmental

traits that I wish would disappear were already a part of Your plan for my life,

And even though You already knew that I would possibly cause You heartache, headache, and mischief

and strife, I’m sorry….yet this gift stays put in my hand,

I have used You and abused You and often embarrassed the family name,

But through all of the disappointments I have caused for You, You still remained the same,

You still answer my prayers, still answer when I call Your name, and still wholeheartedly gave me those

teachings and lessons over and over and over again,

You still gave Your only Son, while Your only Son gave his life for the sake of mine, just to prove that Your

love still reign,

While still letting me have this gift…that is still surprisingly in my hand,

Now I know I was given only but so much time to share my thoughts of appreciation, so I must go back to my respectable place,

But all in all, thank You, for this gift of Your everlasting love, mercy and grace.