the film

Thu, 01/08/2015 - 19:38 -- shortij

there is a film here
similar to that of a make-up used to cover up blemishes because the world does not like flaws but the world itself is not flawless 
why is it we have to hide behind cover-ups?
is it because we think that cover-ups will cover up the words we feel and the pain we see along with the emotions we fail to speak 
in the world we are constantly hiding 
we hide behind keyboards of computers, text messages of phones and the false life we live on  social media 
many of us think that two taps on a picture with a filter says that i am somebody but do they know that they arent really anybody because once again we are hiding 
but when you remove yourself from that film you're hiding behind do you know who you are, or are you caught up in the fantasy you created?
I am beautiful 
created in the image and likeness of god
unlike those who use filters and instagram likes to define themselves i know who I am
even though i may know who i am the individuals around me only see me through a filter of existence without existing 
without the filter placed on me by the world i am strong, though the people around me seem to see my exterior as weak 
I am beautiful, though the individuals within my life may not see me as their standard or beautiful
I am the oldest, I protect those under me... digging my way first and showing them where they should go next 
I am courageous , weaving my way through lifes tribulations and pain, being knocked on my face by life just to get back up and tell life "you will not break me because he said as he was so are we" 
but the most important thing i am is me and me is a she and she is her 
and her name has no filter
her name is Jordan