The Final Performance

There is nothing we can do now. For we are in front of the silent crowd. The wind whistled and howled, as we stood still and proud. Until our name was called we stood nice and tall. Everyone would cheer, though it was hard to hear. The four claps was the signal along with the call. The wind picked up, but we wouldn't fall. The clear, shard duts came from the drum captain, and now it was up to us what would happen. The bang of the gong is what started the show. It wasn't hard for we all know where to go. We move from set to set with precision, and would blow away the competition. My horn came up on count five, and once this happened time just flied. Soon it was time for the solo, and leave the others for I knew where to go. With the cue i would start, and play the melody with the best of my heart. Once I was done it was time to run back, and only hope I wouldn't lose track, of my foot placement and bring my toes up higher. The big note was coming it was time to play louder. Our horns came down with a final bow, and we'd all wait for the sound. When we came back up with pride in our eyes, we all felt as if we could touch the skyes.We march of to the clicks, and come to a halt. I had never been prouder of this band the one I had sought. As we stood before the crowd strong and tall, our final performance was the greatest of all.