Free Verse Freedom

While you open your mouth I pick up a pen  Because words only confine what I'm trying to help you understand  I'm talking about free verse freedom  The rhythm without rhyme that's made when you let words flow and just play  The kind of freedom that governments can't provide  And monogamy can't suppress  Because there's nobody that I need to impress when I'm expressing that free verse freedom  There's no subject, there's no topic, there's no guide because that entity goes where it pleases  A rebel, an outcast, a muse, and an inspiration, it takes all forms but none  That free verse freedom calling out for expression baffles all but surprises no one  But not everyone possesses that free verse freedom because while it's impartial, it's rare  And few are touched, reached out to, and loved by that undiscriminating force  That force that comes and goes from places nobody knows and steals hearts yet grants you the mind  Free verse freedom is large yet splintered because it's scattered between those who accept it  And that minute sliver in me, leads me to believe that free verse freedom has promise  Because what it lacks in organization it makes up for in creation  And that creation creates something beautiful, and on the rare occasion something exotic, possibly Cajun alongside it  My personal sprinkle of free verse freedom is complex because once it hits  I'm never sure of what's next  Possibly a little bit of this or something or other of that but no matter the moment the experience is always satisfying  And despite the positivity surrounding my free verse freedom it's never without it's opponents  Because when I'm told to use my words I quip that I am because when you open your mouth, I pick up a pen  And what flows from that utensil is not ink, but free verse freedom