Friends

Sat, 01/28/2017 - 06:22 -- Jbkris

They say if you truly want to know yourself, look at your five closest friends.
Because you are a reflection of the people you spend most of your time with whether you like it or not, like them or not. Friends can do us two things either push us forward or pull us back.
Cause, see as a young Christian child I never felt it necessary to read steadily, until my friends started to study.
Think about it, when you got your results who were the first people you asked, so how did you do in anatomy biochem and maths.
Cause you see as humans we tend to look at our surroundings and learn to adapt to it, so if you surround yourself with bums what do you expect will be the outcome,
So what am I implying that you should only be friends with people that can benefit you. YES I AM.
Because true friends are people that benefit you emotionally, spiritually, mentally and regularly,
Not one that has sex and laughs at your virginity because you believe in integrity
Not one that advocates a role model that few years ago would be an example of what not to be
Not one that exchanges 15 mins of fame with a chance of life with meaning and purpose
Not a friend that puts you down 9 out of ten times whenever you’re in a crowd but then becomes your best buddy when no one else is around.
Definitely, one that tells you, you need makeup to look beautiful
When a true friend has already said you are fearfully and wonderfully made
Who went to extend and said you were bought with a price
One who will never refuse you nor accuse you
One who is willing and can exchange hatred with compassion, anger with sympathy, cruelty with kindness, poverty with wealth, infarmities with lots of peace.
One whose greatest weapon is love
But at the same time remember one hand washes the other before they can both wash the face so before we expect a good friend we have to learn to be one ourself.
So we could find ways to benefit each.
A brother is born for adversity but a friend loves at all times Proverbs 11:17