To the Girl Who Has His Heart Now

Thu, 12/21/2017 - 22:25 -- vsross

To The Girl Who Has His Heart Now,

I hope you realize what you have. I hope every day you wake up and you thank god for your life and for including this wonderful boy in it. Every time he says your name, every time he smiles at you, every time he kisses your cheek, your head, your lips, I hope you know what you have. 

He knows how to make a girl feel special, and what's even better is that he believes in it too. To him you are so special. His heart is true. So cherish it, and don't let silly things distract you from the love he has to give. 

Again I will say it, know what you have. Because right now what you have is everything I want.

A word of advice, when you meet his parents exchange stories with his mama and laugh at all of his dad's jokes. If you have the fine privilege of meeting his dog, he loves to be scratched on his hind leg near his butt and for some reason he only plays with the toys that are torn up. 

Now I have some favors to ask of you.

This boy we love is capable of so much and his dreams are insurmountable. I ask that you keep him focused on the things that are important to him. Remind him of who he is and who he wants to be. I know he has a habit of getting caught up in life and losing his footing. So I ask that you bring him back down to Earth when he's spinning out of control. 

Next, I want you to make him feel as special as he makes you feel. When he smiles don't just secretly love his little dimple and his crooked grin. Tell him. Tell him how incredibly cute he is. He will reject it, he claims to hate that dimple. But tell him anyway. 

If he ever shows you the pictures that he's taken, truly look at them. they'll tell you a lot about him. 

Show him that you're interested in getting to know every part of him. If he ever decides to open up to you about all that's gone on in his life, listen with an open heart. Don't pass judgment on him for the things he's felt or the things he's done. 

And lastly, I beg of you, when he gets into those moods where he hates everything and everyone, as he often does, hold him a little bit tighter. Don't baby him; he hates that. Just remind him of your presence and remind him of your love.

You have truly lucked out, beautiful girl. You truly have. As much as I'd almost like to hate you, I don't. You have done nothing to me at all. I'm sure that you deserve him, and I'm glad you found each other. Hold on tight and don't let him go.

And most importantly, when you know you love him, let him know.

Because if you don't tell him you may wind up writing a letter to the new girl that holds his heart.

Because if you don't tell him, you may lose your whole world.

With love,

The Girl Who Loved Him First