Hard To Know

They ask “why float in the clouds when you can float in water?”And then I ask: “why float when I can fly?”Why build this new nation for our sons and all our daughters, when the best we’ll ever do is try? We let dreamers create stories, and let philosophers tell lies. We claim knowledge is boring and fail to look to the skyIts harder to get up in the morning and no one will ask why.And all of our good traits turn to goodbye’sAn ace of hearts a brand new start,For our new world to become.Or we swallow our imaginations until our souls turn numb. And they ask “why float in the clouds, when you can float in water?”And then I ask: “why float when I can fly?”Why build this new nation for our sons and all our daughters, when the best we’ll ever do is try? It gets harder to know what I feel,About what is right and what is real.I search for the right answers, but I find none.What am I supposed to believe, when no one can make up their mindsI try asking questions when I can’t even answer one So now I ask: “ Why float in water when I can fly in the clouds?”Why should I try so hard to make everyone but my own self proudA new generation is growing in our world that we love so.And the truth is becoming something less hard to know.