THE HERO IN US

some few years ago... in the 90's i enjoyed being a kid which was fun... yea very lucky... i remember we used to call ourselves batman, spiderman, superman... who were actually fictional superheros... funny how we looked silly and were seen as pointless zeros... by the oldies... yea the self acclaimed "growies"... never cared cause we never really understood what its meant to be a true hero... actually, i enjoyed being a villain for obvious reasons... but i was still that hero..superman.... its me jay jay... yea thats me... you cant blame me... all we knew was fighting villains, saving the society and having that dream girl..... you can't blame us for that too... cause all we believed and knew was the survival at end... like schooling from monday to friday but still hoping for the weekend... as i was growing up.. i realised as kids we were less meager ... compared to us being eager... not scared of the obstacles on the journey to victory... not to even think of the bad friends that would bring us nothing but misery... so can we ask ourselves... where are these superheroes ???... leme see by hand who knows... wait... you now thinking... in ya own thoughts you are sinking... leme make it real quick.... they are still here nowhere far from us... very close.. yea... they still live deep down in us... everything changed as we were growing... we realised the meaning of the word HERO..... was deep... not just making it and driving in a black jeep... but setting high standards that we would have to keep... so we look different and special among others.. yea the black sheep... leme be honest here.... as kids even tho we were silly...basically dumb... which i personally now agree... there was some inner spirit which we were connected to... now lets make it clear.... the villains we always wanted to fight and defeat are the challenges and failures we face... the societies we want to save... are the people we see around and offer helps to.... and that dream girl... who in reality... is not actually human.. thats the success and the freedom we gain after what we've been through... all im trying to say is, even though we cant be kids and be silly no more... there's still a HERO IN US... i dont have to say much but all i can say is... just be the hero you wanted be... although it would seem silly but thats what you have to be... for thats what youve always wished to be... a true heo... metaphorically ...a whole number in front of a zero... im still sticking to my superman.. what of you??... brothers, sisters ,fathers, mothers uncles, aunties, cousins, nephews, nieces.... @itzme_jayjay.. THE HERO IN US...