"The Humble Son's Prayer"

Tue, 11/18/2014 - 11:54 -- Sheed56
Dear God,
I'm just a college student searching for a way in, not a way out. I'm heavily seeking out every opportunity out there, instead of waiting for the opportunity to come to me. I'm not waiting for Time to get the best of me, but trying to find ways to get ahead of Time itself. I'm not here to complain, but I'm here to thank you. I'm here to make you smile. To make you proud. To try to make you feel the way you already feel about me. You and I both know, without a doubt, that I've come a very long way. Life's Pandora's Box opened up right in front of me without notice or much preparation. I couldn't see the great in front of me. I wasn't able to continue on for an extended time. But the Devil's wicked games couldn't stop your child. He couldn't contest my dreams, let alone dis-encourage me. I don't need strength to conquer the Evil anymore, but strength to show others around me that anything is possible, with pure Faith and You, heavenly Father. Thank you for all the blessings, all the hope, all the courage, and all the perseverance that guided my good spirit through this hungry, aggressive world. Thank you for the wonderful family that believes in me day in and day out. Thank you for the great friends that listen to the words I have to say. Thank you, for just being up in the air, behind the confident sun and the elegant moon. I'm just a college student looking for a way in, not a way out. I love you Father. For all these wonderful things, we give thanks. To your noble, inspiring son Christ Jesus, Amen.