If I Could Gain the Courage

Fri, 04/04/2014 - 21:52 -- clh2014

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn how to change myself. Not because I think there’s something wrong with me, but because I know that I can become better. I know that God loves me too much to leave me the way that I am, and I know that I can’t change without him.

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn to climb mountains. Not just the physical ones, mind you. I would learn to take the gut-wrenching feeling in stride and learn to let go. I’d learn to put my fear aside and accept the opportunity to see the world from a different point of view; to taste the thin, fresh air and exhale all the problems in the world.

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn to just let go. Letting go is an essential part of being happy. The past is past. They say the present is a gift: I disagree. The present doesn’t exist. The past has already happened. The future is yet to come. Yet when we meet each other for the first time, we immediately become a thing of our past.

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn to meet new people. Being an introvert has its many quirks. Social awkwardness is one of them. To learn the art of conversation, which is indeed an art, you must be willing to engage in it.

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn to express myself. To share with others our innermost thoughts leaves us with a pretty big target on our backs.

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn to trust again. Trusting someone is a lot like jumping off of a cliff blindfolded; people don’t think it’s worth the risk, so they don’t bother with it.

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn to love again. Love is patient, love is kind. Love generally sucks most of the time. But then, is it really love you’re feeling? Love is all-encompassing. Love never falters or fails. Love is the one thing that heals us all the time.

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn how to tell you what I feel. Instead of hiding behind words and ink, I’d talk to you. Actually talk to you. Leaving everything else behind.

If I could gain the courage, I’d learn to love myself. I would learn to accept that everything that has happened to me has happened for a reason. Now, I have to opportunity to help other people. Helping people is the only way to change them.

The only way to change the world is to change the people in it.

Clonemaster

Awesome God Bless You