If You Really Knew Me

Walking into high school feeling like I am not being seen for who I am. I try everything for them to see me, the real me, the true me. They judge your clothes, your hair and they don’t even know who you are. When will I be known for who I really am? If you really knew me you would know I am a loyal friend who will stand by you until the end. If you really knew me you would know that I just want to be myself and I don’t care if others won’t approve. For once let’s just pretend that there are no more clicks and no more jocks that walk around stepping on everyone who wants to be different.  Because of them there is so many who thing it will never change but they are wrong and they need to stay strong. It gets better so just let it go, I think everyone should know and even you would know if you really knew me. If you only took the time to get to know me you would see that I am fun, caring, optimistic, random and a little bit crazy but that just me. I know I am not they only one so for all the others I ask, why? Why do you say the words that hurt and sting? Words that make you bleed out your happiness? Those words deliver internal sorrow and pain. Words like stupid Jew and retard. The words are both malicious and untrue. For everyone who is not allowed to be different or who is bullied for who you are, I say, don’t let them get you down, don’t let them make you frown. No matter what, don’t listen to what they say because it won’t matter anyway. To all those people who try to put me down with the jokes you think I don’t hear and the words that pierce my soul and make me feel that I am not good enough for anyone, what have I done to you? The reason I don’t respond to the evil and poisonous, venom you spew when you say things to me, things like Hey you're a Fagot I just thought you should know. It's because, after those words cut my heart up like knife and paralyze my tongue to were I am not even able make a sound long enough to say, that I am not gay and that I am not okay. Which you would know if you actually knew me. I bet you did not even think that I could be so deep, but, you would have if you really knew me.