I'm cool

Deny Who I Am To Be Accepted By you? 

Nah I'm cool. 

Be someone who comes and goes? 

Nah I'm cool. 

Cause peope like you come a dime a dozen, and it was you who told me not trust anyone wasn't it? 

Nah I'm cool. 

"Drink this, hit that." "You know you not a virgin so don't act." 

When in reality I am, but if I tell them that they will no longer accept me as they fam? 

Nah I'm cool. 

See God says you must be hot or cold for if you are Luke warm I will spit you out

And I don't know if it's my religious side that causes the doubt or if it's just my fear of being without. However,

Nah I'm cool. 

Cause see if I trust in my father than I find a love like no other 

But if I trust in someone who leads me to believe they're my friend I'll soon find a means to an end. 

Nah I'm cool .

See who can be myself better than me? Why follow you when I can follow someone who gives me serenity 

Nah I'm cool .

If I call someone my friend it won't be you who pretends to be but instead the one who's at the alter repenting with me. 

But don't be obliged I only speak for myself when I say this new feeling is a blessing in disguise. 

So again I say who can be myself better than me? And if not myself then who should I be? 

You? Nah I'm cool! 

-Precious Brown