I'm that girl

I’m that girl.

I’m that girl who sleeps all day and stays up all night because she loves the darkness more than the light.

It wraps her like a blanket; she can hear the cool spring breeze and the sounds of other late-nighters through the open window.

The calm brought about when most of the world is sleeping reminds her that while she is alone, she is not lonely.

I’m that girl.

I’m that girl who would rather pass the hours in her head than in reality because in her head the outcomes don’t shift toward rationality.

People’s minds are exhausting, it is easier to deal with just one than to consider many.

The mind of a dreamer is always dreaming; those who don’t see in her mind cannot see her heart either. So they pretend.

I’m that girl.

I’m that girl who has mastered a fake smile and bright eyes because it is already too late to explain that her head is in the skies.

The constant murmur of thousands of fictional stories twirl in her mind; they are too loud for anyone else to hear.

To pretend to be present is easier than explaining her scattered thoughts.

I’m that girl.

I’m that girl who dreams big and trusts little, because playing their game is better than meeting in the middle.

Her passive facade doesn’t match with her lion’s heart; they will never know they are in the presence of one who is skilled in the art of conning.

They will always try to tear up dreams that don’t flow with the main stream, but a dreamer cannot cease to dream.

I’m that girl.