Independence

Woe Is Me The truth I cannot hold nor dares to amend my sanity I pacify him with reverence and I cherish him zealously The sway of his fictitious tongue lingers in the essence As I withdraw the scimitar from my intrepid prideHis faithless virtue ignites to dustLove resonates and turns the lustWhat am I doing with a man I disdain to trust If there is no glee, why do I stay? Oblivious to the pain  Perchance it is hope that leads me astray The notion of me solitary I fear it every day. Acceptance Tender words are spoken in terms of guilt. Honey. I swallow my pride. Each gulp is like quills.  “I am not weak, I am not unworthy.” I tell myself My doors are closed They are no longer revolving. Liberation It is selfish to weigh the responsibility of my happiness on another beingImagine life as one with no other meaning; Staring out the window in a gaze fascinated by the haze, With no will to live or no reason to be Simply lost in the cascade of life in harbored miseryI will no longer shelter my pain And be afraid of living without the confinements My soul deserves to be filled with divine love Free my mind, free my body, free my spirt Grant me independence for I shalt not be dependent on another being. 2 / 2