Its not a joke

It’s not a joke

Yeah I called her a skank; yeah I called her a slut. But what about it? It's not like she cuts.

yeah I told her she looks to fat, and her skin hangs like taffy. But it's just a joke everyone was laughing.

So what we push her in the halls and covered her in spit. maybe if she wore some make up, she wouldn't get tripped.

So what she walks around school, with bruises on her body, I bet she gets hit, just for a hobby.

I saw her crying in the halls, but it's not my fault. It's just words, it's about time she leaned them all. Her dad died in the army, he was all she had, now she has no one.

Wow I feel bad.

She gets skinnier by the day; I can see her life slipping away....

That girl with the bruises is gone. She's in a better place, no fool would get that wrong.

She didn't deserve that pain, all she wanted was a friend, I didn't realize how hard it was to smile, and pretend.

We should have let her be, I can see that now, because all that pain... Is chasing after me.

-Devin Hicks