It's Not Okay

i don't hate many things in this world;     

just kidding, i lied.

i hate the way people think it's okay to put one another down, to strip them of their identities, their uniqueness until they're naked to the bare eye with nothing left but their damaged and tormented souls;

and when they just sweep it under the rugs where all the other lies they're oblivious to like it's nothing that they ridiculed someone into taking their own life

they just walk around and giggle and give silent daggers as presents to everyone they come across that isn't them

i hate it when people assume that the quiet kid in the back of the class wouldn't be fun to talk to or interesting and just pass them by everyday,

and  then one day, the obedient child that does everything she can to pay attention, that doesn't talk to anybody doesn't show up,

and you wonder and you hear the rumors that she toook her own life, and you ask yourself why she would do such a thing because she seemed so nice and sweet, yet you never bothered to get to know her?

makes my angry.

it makes me angry that in India people have just accepted the nightmare realities that women face over there, right here right now.

Right here, right now, there are women whose self respect is plummeting and hope is diminishing as they are sold into sex-trafficking without a choice.

it makes me angry and i find it inscrutable that there are people out there that are able to live with themselves knwoing that this is a reality, and that they have the chance to change it, yet don't.

they don't change it or want to make to make the change because it's the cultural normal over there.

one thing i've discovered, observing and noticing and picking up secrets that people accidentally drop and leave behind, it that just because it's normal, doesn't make it okay.

Just because you've been cutting yourself everyday for the past year or so, and it's normal for you, doesn't make it okay.

it isn't normal if your boyfriend, spouse, or partner verbally, mentally or physically abuses you, it's not okay and it's not your fault.

but just because things aren't okay, doesn't mean that you can't be fixed

just because things aren't okay and your normal is different from his or her normal, doesn't make you abnormal.

broken things can be fixed, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel you're facing.

just remember, somebody, someone, somewhere out there cares for you, and loves you more than you can ever imagine.

you are loved, you are cared for, it's not your fault, you are worth everything, you are beautiful, and you are enough.