I've got a Problem

Tue, 03/03/2015 - 21:04 -- Khenyab

I've got a problem with demonizing black women's features. Black women of all shades are queens. She's got a throne no matter her skin tone as dark as Lupita N'Yong or brown like Nia Long or lighter skinned like Beyoncé we're divided with ourselves because we've learned the beauty standard is a profitable wealth. Black women of all grades of hair are queens. Cause i mean we sure can't help what grows from our heads and I shouldn't feel ashamed and I am so fed up of people telling me that I'm pretty for a black girl what does that even mean? And we can't win with anything that we do to be queens. Every style we do with hair is instantly barbaric. Girl your hair too nappy why do you even bother you ought just give up and leave the loosehaired girls who are hotter black but not too black the girls who are "exotic" hair laid edges slicked and not a single kink in sight. You gotta wonder why we hate our natural selves what's not to like? Black women with black features are queens.  Girl you too dark, your lips too big your nose too broad your hair to nappy you ain't nothing but a nigger and you will never be attractive. Or you're pretty for a black girl why cause all black girls ain't pretty they're too loud with too much street boys of our own race would agree and love their dark sons just like father and praise God for their mixed daughters. Black women of all types are queens. eloquent and graceful determined every type and if you "don't got no type" you wouldn't be afraid to wife a girl with dark skin with brown eyes and kinky hair and harder life of facing insecurity because society says to be and plays with blonde straight haired barbies even at the age of 3 we asked our moms for just for me so we could leave our hair behind and neglect our family tree wish we were anything but us. wish I was anything but me.

But seriously let's love and reclaim our identity. drop a mixtape play some ball or get your masters degree wear your hoodie and your jays no one can tell you you're not free. what really matters is your mind but first honor your black queens and because it's hard to be us but we still here aren't we.