Joy a colored girl

Sat, 12/13/2014 - 20:56 -- alahnad

My name is joy and I am colored girl

brown painted work of art with wide hips and thick lips a colored girl

not just yellow blue green or red but all colors and shade swirled into one ebony colored piecea colored girl

big brown eyes so subtle yet sudden raven curls that refuse tamed a colored girl

with blood that flows like rivers with memories of sunsets on the savannah chains on the sea cowhide drawing blood and feet marching on monuments

a colored girl named joy

and who are you to try and dim my colors?

you who are the same color

same eyes same skin same blood same history

why is it that my pride is your shame?

why does my success anger you so much that you attempt to make me the victim of your parted lips, of your lies and insecurities of your broken dreams?

to whisper into devouring ears that receive rearrange and redistribute your lies

To send wordy serpents that wrap around my brain sinking their fangs into my frontal lobe injecting venomous thoughts that paralyzes my pride and deteriorates my confidence

Why!?

why do you insist on being the one called misery?

to be the one who spreads hate mistrust and hostility

why do try and turn everyone against against me?

to make the hate, laugh at, and humiliate me?

Oh you must think that fazes me, don’t you know that I am a colored girl? Not a ghetto girl not a hood rat not a black girl a colored girl strong and beautiful insult me all you want it wont change what I or you see in the mirror everyday

So what if im not light bright and two shades from being white I am the darker sister reminiscent of hazel nut coffee starlit skies and rich coco delicacies

and so what if im not tv pretty or model size? My big brown eyes wide nose and full lips still catch the young suitors eyes and my wide hips and thick thighs still hypnotize

so what if you get others to join in on your hatred I don’t care how many you turn on me joy  the colored girl doesn’t need anybody joy can always survive on its own but misery oh misery loves company

I know who you are misery and you don’t faze me

because My name joy and I am colored girl brown painted work of art with wide hips and thick lips a colored girl

not just yellow blue green or red but all colors and shades swirled into one beautiful ebony colored piece

the rainbow that penetrates misery’s storm of hate and insecurity

awwwwwwww, misery you mad?

you hatin?

well its hard not to because I am a colored girl.