Lethal

Thu, 03/30/2017 - 14:27 -- ahxra

It hurts, walking through your hometown. You'll be innocently walking by a tree and on approaching it see your initials with his, wrapped up in a now faded love heart. It hurts, because at one time, that used to be where you ran off during school breaks, just to be able to hold hands and lock lips with him. Walk a bit further and you'll remember the place where you lead him by the hand, just before you took him to Frankie & Benny's for the last time. Do you remember the look in his eyes when you told him of the sin? Of course you do, and you won't ever forget it. Because in that moment, your worlds were no longer the same. The pathway you had planned to walk on together was now skewed. You can't tap your shoes now, Dorothy. It's not all okay anymore, and the memories you made with him are in the past now. I doubt he even remembers the colour of your eyes, let alone your middle names. All I know is that he remembers your name, and the way you broke his heart. I hope it was all worth it.