Limp education

Who’s to say what people can think? Since when did the United States agree to have their freedoms stripped from them down to their very thoughts? Censorship is religious people’s way of solving the world’s problems; they believe if not experienced innocence will protect you. For example, the zero tolerance policy seems to have been founded on the same grounds. To keep children in the dark and punish them for the slightest sign of “violent tendencies”. They consider drawing a water pistol on a sheet of paper with a crayon to be felonious and the children that did such would be expelled and possibly arrested. What is that supposed to teach our children? That overreacting to such an extent is normal. And that water pistols are somehow illegal? There’s nothing illegal about a drawing and nothing harmful especially coming from a 7 year old child. And spoons and forks as weapons… really America? Have we lost our senses or just our common sense? Call me crazy but last time I checked it would be REEEAAALLLY difficult for ANYONE to kill someone with a spoon much less an elementary child; seriously, it’s an eating utensil. Also not allowing kids to carry Midol, mouthwash, and inhalers what should we tell a kid with asthma? I’m sorry Timmy but that is a steroid and you cant have it in school (while it was sitting in his pocket) then short after his mom comes to pick it up he has an asthma attack and dies, well who’s fault is that??  It’s dangerous to the kids for the teachers to have such extreme precautions and penalties it’s simply not fair that a CHILD gets expelled from their school for simply having oh let’s say Listerine mouthwash. On another note, an irritating one at that, there’s the rule in almost every school that there will be no fighting in school or on school grounds. Ok well since no fighting is allowed lets discuss the chain of events that follow bullying in school. A poor child is being harassed in school, in the 1900’s that would end with a kid getting his/her ass whooped. In contrast now a days is a kid is being bullied they cant do anything so he/she is forced to tell the teacher, then the teacher MAY tell the rowdy student to be nice or behave, not solving the issue because 99.9% of bullies intent to hurt and could careless what a teacher says or waits till they’re away from the teacher and continues. This can in turn will lead to absolutely nothing being done about the bully thus explaining the high school suicide rates from bullying. Now take those suicide stats and place them RIGHT beside the 1900’s bullying leading to suicide charts (if they 1900’s has one) and see how pathetic this “no fighting” rule is making our students and our school system. The school system had a chance to step up and prove it can be the “hero” and stop bullying when asked, ha nope they failed, miserably. I mean in all bullying is a pathetic subject anyone who gives their own life over standing up and fighting maybe they were just born to give up. But the schools have no right to get in the way of kids defending their honor, emotions, and their physical selves.  It’s a right of expression is it not? Their expressing their anger and even following the golden rule, they’re treating others how they would want to be treated; having their ass beat when they insult another person for no reason. Life is stressful enough when you have to go to school everyday and try to focus on your work while worrying about relationships, sports, grades, friends, and things your have to deal with at home. All in all school life is an emotional disaster waiting to happen and bullying just throws the possibility of violence into the mix, granted it would solve problems a lot faster but that’s not necessarily what our government/school system wants. Lastly is the pressure put on schools and especially students to get certain scores on standardized tests. Come on bush, not everyone learns at the same speed and not everyone is good at test taking. The standardized tests are made to asses how much kids learn in a year and make sure that level is acceptable and if not the school is shut down. Now if you think about it how in the hell is a school supposed to make process if they have one chance to do something right then don’t know what they did wrong? That’s not learning that unfair skill assessment. Being a school student I would know, all we do all year is try and prepare for that stupid test and at times things seem so hectic its like we don’t even have a reason for learning all the gibberish their telling us about. Bottom line is its not affective aside from its obvious intent to scare children into a tizzy over a test that comes once a year, takes hours and can determine their future their job and their college (if they score good enough to even attend one). At the end of the day students will probably come home with hernias from all the stress they encounter, from all the stupid rules and standards kids have to live up too. In these modern times, it’s truly appalling to see kids struggle and crawl through every day of their lives, especially high school kids. Regardless, things need to change if we as a country continue agreeing to these laws and policies that take away our freedoms the government will continue to take our rights until we have none left.