The Little Things (Life's Bruises)

I have found triumphs over obstacles come with a few bruises, and it seems a little heartbreak. But the best thing about these bruises, the shiners and broken bones, is that you can look at them later with your own two eyes and see you’ve still survived, you’re still alive.

I guess that’s what it’s all about, huh? Living. Knowing no matter who or what has clouded your path in the past, you still have a future. And hey, it doesn’t even have to be a big one with “larger-than life” hopes and dreams. No, you get to live to enjoy the little things. Enjoy the lazy summer days you can spend with your friends or lounge with your childhood animal – the one that, to this day, still warms your heart though they may have moved along a while ago. The little things are the best, those moments so easily lost in the “more important” crap you find yourself worrying about. Hell, I can’t remember enough good things right now to type down. I don’t even know why I’m writing this! I guess it’s just…one little thing I enjoy…and don’t want to let go.

So maybe that’s what it’s all for, the batters and bruises. The little triumphs in your life and the broken bones that let you know you’re actually living, not just alive. Maybe these exist to give us something to remember and appreciate long enough to cherish the little things. Because it’s the little things in life that we end up fighting for. They’re the hardest things to recall but the easiest to miss once they’re gone.