Love Me Long Distance

Love Me Long Distance 9/11/2014

The sky cries when we’re apart and the sun becomes shy when I can’t find my way to you
The distance that has been placed between us has left us thinking that this might not be worth it. Our hearts are bursting every day and my chest tightens, as if you’ve taken my breath away. I can’t see myself with any other, I don’t need another lover, because the love that comes from you is everlasting but my mind is questioning how far we will be able to travel together and how long our spirits can pull this off. Will these dark days and cloudy skies keep us from seeing the light we shed when we’re together? My light is your light and your victories prevail over me, like ribbons in the sky and birds flying high. I have no reason to turn away because every day makes me need you. Want you even more. But because we are so far, every day that goes by makes you cry, makes you wonder why, makes you drift a little. I can’t get rid of this feeling. It’s pulling away my heartstrings but your doubts are tying my heart back up every time I shake them loose. Don’t let go, whatever you do, of the feeling you had in the beginning….when all this love was new. It made things so much easier, and I could see then, I could see…but now everything seems hazy and blurry and dim and grim and uncertain. Love me now or love me never, but don’t make me get rid of this feeling. I need this feeling, it gives me healing, I need you, want you….
Smile for me, could you do that? And when you do, tell the sky to brighten, tell the heavens to sing, make the world listen…..it will make a difference….
Then, maybe then….you’ll see that if you loved me close you can love me long distance………