Love or Presidents?

Something’s not okay 

I can feel it in the atmosphere

Every breath I take is 5% oxygen and 95% fear

I see it around me

My peers rioting for something they don’t quite understand

Because after we heard the horrible words the world decided to use to describe our country, our people, our parents, brothers, sister, and friends we stopped listening

We stopped listening because we figured that a person that would dare to appoint ethnic groups as rapist, and criminals would not be chosen

We stopped listening because we thought the people cared

The people did vote because their ears were open when he mentioned strengthening our economic system and building a wall.

But turns out the people decided to close their eyes and ears when he described women in a way that would anger any father

We stopped listening when he didn’t think twice to turn people against each other

Good job Mr. Donald Trump you haven’t even started your term and you somehow managed to build a wall.

A wall between immigrants and whitesA wall between blacks and whitesA wall between Latinos and whitesA wall between the LGBT community and whitesA wall between values and money

I hope one day we can all hold each other’s hand and walk together into true happiness

For now, I know you’re not okay

Because I’m not okay

So to you immigrant, I'm here for youTo you members of the LGBT community, I'm here for youTo you women, I'm here for youTo you who are hurt and sad, I’m here for you

Something’s not okay I can feel it

But for now, all we can do is love one another and hold our fist up high because we can be labeled but not separated.