This Is Me

Wed, 12/17/2014 - 21:19 -- sjames2

I’m a unique individual, well I claim to be, because nobody is me, even though I have a twin. In my younger years I used to constantly compare myself with other people, like “Why am I am so skinny compared to the other girls?” “Why is my voice so deep?” I used to complain and come home crying, because I didn’t like how different I was from other girls. I wanted my skin this color, or my hair this long, and for a while it affected me and the people around me, but as I got older I realized how honestly stupid each and every complaint I had was. God made me different for a reason. He made me a twin for a reason. He made me, me because nobody else can be me. I’m that girl you see who hangs out with people from Asian background, and you know what? I’m glad you see me. That means I’m making a difference in someone’s life. I have dreams and goals just like any other young adult. This is the real me that you see. This is me being myself, even when no one else can understand. No one can understand that the real me is just like you. This is the real me.