Mirror Mirror Don't Tell Me What You Think.

When I was young I took a look at myself. I always feared how people would veiw me. Would I not be good enough? Would I not be worthy? My biggest fears came from my very own mind. I used to believe I was not the prettiest or smartest girl. As I grew older I realized I was beautiful and smart in my own ways. I didn't need a fan base to tell me what I was and wasn't. I became strong by myself. I belived I was enough. I believed I was worthy. As I developed courage and confidence I found myself. I didn't try out for dance my freshman year of highschool. I feared not making the team. I feared failure. Everyone said I wasn't good enough. I lost all hope and had let myself down. As somphmore year rolled around I had an amazing support group. My family and friends pushed me to try out and chase my goals. I strived for nothing but greatness. I did it, I had a strong mindset and belived in myself. Regardless if I made the team or not I was going to try and give it my all. As Michael B. Jordan once said " we miss 100 percent of the shots we don't take." I believed that was my shot and I had to take it. I had to overcome that fear. I am grateful I did. That day changed my life forever. I made the team and felt like a shining star. I felt my soul begin to glow again. I felt important or as if I were worth it. Moral of the story is we stop ourselves from overcoming our fears. Sometimes it's better to let go and do what your heart wants. What is success if you have never failed before. In life we have go out of our comfort zone and do what's best for us. You control your fears, they don't control you. No matter what goes on in my life I always chose to keep it moving and do what I desire. I control my fears they don't control me nor do they define me.