To My Ailing Grandma

Dear Grandma, I love you so much. You practically raised me. You called me your favorite. Things aren't going too well for you right now. You're always sick, passing out. You're nearly blind, and you don't remember me. It hurts to hear your voice, but not because I don't love you, it's because I don't want you to be hurting. I want things to be like they were when I was young. You would smile and give me candy, make me breakfast, and snacks. I love you so much, you will always be my favorite family member. I know it sounds rude, and that I shouldn't have a favorite, but I just can't help it. You always understood me. You never made me feel bad. I laid with you at night, and I never felt safer. Now I'm growing older and so are you. We are growing apart and don't talk as much. Please just know that I miss you. I miss our snowball fights and early morning weather channel watching. I miss how we would play games together, and I miss watching movies with you. I miss when you stayed with us, but I know it wouldn't have been any easier. Things suck now, and things would've sucked then. But know that I miss you, and whatever happens, I will love you. Always and forever, your favorite granddaughter.