My Child Said She Loved Her Skin Color

I never ever claimed to be a lyrical genius or one who spit words from the top of my cranium that could make you so furious because the truth has the effect to cause major pain in sum. 

But I'm just another poet who decided to speak out and confided in my notebook with no doubt that my pen would fall in love with the paper that was provided and make me proud.

You couldn't look into my soul with mine eyes open like a window or catch up to my time to understand that anything I project is of gold and I see it now that I can dig into your mind and just go.

Maybe if you had knowledge of the situations that I've encountered then you would pledge to deny facing those complications that I referred to just to buy yourself more time.

Oh how unconscious of me to believe that I can control my final destination when it's straight nonsense to have a declaration of when and where my life will end and a new one begins. 

See we speak of staying woke but only when another race is said to be sleeping on us; never mind the facts that our own brothers joke of negativity of our color from dawn to dusk. 

But life is much bigger than a color or an atmosphere per say. It shouldn't have to be backed by a trigger nor should it react by hear say of what whites thinks of niggers. 

Momma said you are only what they call you if you respond but how do you explain that if it looks like a duck and sounds like one then what the fuck it's all seeming the same.

What most of us fail to realize is that we are all e in the same. They put us in one boat, beat us, made us work and got it legalized yet we are against each other when they look at all of us  with shame. 

No matter what you do or who you know, they don't care what school you went to or how good your words may flow, when it comes to equality and skin tones they don't consider you though.

The painful point that I am making is simply to ignite a confident joint in your soul that will push you to fight not only for your joy but for generations to come so that the black culture won't fold. 

I am every black woman in this room, and I bear every black child in my own womb, I am the strength to push every black man and the pride in my black land and that I will carry until my doom. We shall leave no more room

For antics and hatred amongst our very own.