My Curtain of Shame

I am a someone. I am a no one. On the outside I try to fit in but on the inside I feel like I never win. Behind the curtain is a dark fear that someone will think I'm weird. Behind the curtain is a monster in the corner of a room not wanting to come out for the sake of it's own doom. In me now, inside me some how, is a scared girl for which I am. I am the monster, I am the scared girl, I am hopeless and I get lost and confused. Behind the curtain is a another part of me. Another door that unlocks my demons. Sometimes those demons cause me pain. A pain that tells me either what is the truth or what is just a trick that will make me fall into a darkened pit. They tell me I'm annoying and they tell me I'm useless but I refuse to give in to their lame excuses. I am strong, I am weak, I am me. Behind the curtain I am a complicated person with a darkness that can overcome any person.

lopezgabi1

This poem is mainly about the mental health of someone who doesn't think they are special or they are useful. I believe this peom consits of an emotional tone to an audience of teens with depression. Behind our curtain are obstacles that we must be strong enough to overcome and strength is the most important quality to use when dealing with these extreme emotions. All in all I know what it's like to be in the dark. I know how hard it is to find your way out.