My Only Reason, Eleanor

Flawless is not true

Lawless is the virtue I seek

Awless is what these spreads on PAPER magazine make the men do

Less is what makes the woman's world bleak with the deadly streaks of no mystique

No I did not wake up like this.  I did not wake up to diss and break the mirror with a slamming fist because I look into the hallow soul that's now my own abyss

because I know not the content of bliss,

because social laws of beauty I cannot resist.

Them skinny legs, dat ass so big, that flat stomach in which for food it begs, those arms that are some damn skinny twigs. That hair so bleached bright, that skin colored like a pumpkin, the eyes must be light,

and must be a perfect sight,

and no words to use to fight.

I DON'T WANT TO BE FLAWLESS

I WANT TO BE LAWLESS

I WANT TO AWE THEM WITH MY WORDS AND MIND AND NOT MAKE THE AWE LESS.

I WANT TO BE LESS

of an item, and more of the human I actually am.

No Sam I Am, I will not take your "how to be beautiful" sham of airless green eggs & ham.

It is Eleanor I am, who will take this idea of the sexualized innocent lamb and make it go bam with my thoughts that will make the boys go dammnnn.

Flawless is not what I want to be. My flaws I do not want to flee, these flaws should not be treated like fleas. My words should not be pushed away like debris. No I am not your tootsie and I am not your Malibu Barbie. How long will it take for them to realize the flaws that they see, are the things that make me me?