My People! My People!

My People; My People – what’s wrong?  We still aren’t where we belong, together united in blood and history …changing the course of their destiny.

We worked so hard to come from under.  No idle minds of carefree wonder.  Each thought of our ancestors had purpose, now we dream of new purses. 

I gotta have this; I gotta have that, but not the respect we so lack.  No respect for those that came before, the ones that struggled to open doors. 

We take all their pain for granted, and all we offer back is chanted; chants in the streets that last a day, then disappear and go away, back home and forgotten never again to be spoken…

My people; My people I know it hurts. The way our Kings sold us for dirt… morsels and un-kept promises of wealth/ deceived to believe they cared about our health.

What they came for was our land/ the wealth that grew there was their plan.

“…Make them believe they will be fruitful in our homes…” shower their kings with trinkets and gifts… all the while it was a trick.

To blister and burn is no fun, so they put us to work in the sun…Work or be whipped was what we got, we learned quick the truth of his plot.  To steal our lives, pride, and joys…They took the girls and the boys… they separated us from love and kept us weak … all the while gaining the profits they seeked.

My People! My People! do you not care!  My People; My People we still are not there.  We have stopped caring for one another …. Sister, Father, Mother, Brother

As a collective we lost our adhesive bond we lost perspective of the beyond…

Beyond the self-hate we were taught

Beyond the reality of being brought

Beyond the separation of our families

Beyond the forced insanity

My People; My People we must get back, we must come together and plan an attack!

We must attack the mindset that has become our norm; we must try to reborn

Reborn our thoughts to remember and honor our past; come together and build a culture that will last.

Each one teach one; uplift one another; learn to love all our different colors!