My Sacred Space

Mon, 08/15/2016 - 10:04 -- agyeman

There's this place I go to This cave My sacred space Once I pass the entrance I kick off the hard day's tiredness off my feet Unbuckle the rules that almost make me feel inhuman   Tightening my waist I can hardly breathe I unzip society's expectations down my spine And unbutton every single item I had on the to do list That today's living put on me Take off the undershirt of repressed emotions That I dare not show, they call it weakness  Pop of the brassiere that constantly reminds me of how my body is an entertainment   Not a sustainer of life but a sustainer of unwanted attention  I wiggle the shame they try to make me feel down my legs and step out of it Moist wipes get rid of the soft spoken redness on my lips the outlined masked seductive gaze and the overall layer of graceful disguise I wash away any residual of the outside that stains my being Just the right temperature of rhythmic dew to cure the effects of a cold world And bless every part of my intense dark covering as I'm reminded of the true me I unfold Come out and feel brand new Warm oil to seal the feeling like a lover's touch It's fragrance takes me to new places Like a dream  It feels real I live it I live it on a blank page Where I can just be Be on the blank page Be the poetry The fine lines that outline the insides And defines the true Me This is what poetry does for me It lends me itself It allows me to express the art that I am This cave My sacred space  A blank page