Nice Guys

Don't fall in love with the ones who bring you flowers The ones who answer your tearful 4am callsThe ones who hold your hands and kiss your feetThe ones who bring you chocolate and hold you while you're bleedingThe ones who ask too many questions about who you are and want to beThe ones who never go "too far" Don't give yourself to the ones who love you gently with the lights onThe ones that rub your make up off and kiss your bare faceThe ones that smother you with complements and love your insecurities awayThe ones who watch you regain your strength and build up your trust in people The ones that make you think that good men are really good men Because it's themIt's those ones that talk with you all night Lotions your skin and brushes your curls Strips your soul to a state of complete nakedness Tapes it up, draws in astounding colorsTo just walk away from you without a wordHe'll leave you with a magnificent heart and no direction on how to take care of itHe'll lie and tell you it won't be forever and naively you'll tell him you'll be okayAnd you won't beYou'll wait for others to open doors for you, only for it to slam in your faceYou'll call and nobody will answer You'll attempt to love yourself like he did and you'll fail every time. you'll blame yourself for being so stupid again because you never saw it comingAnd I promise you, you'll curse him and thank him for every beautifully cruel thing he did to you. Because they'll tell you all about the bad guys that walk around wrecking heartsBut they'll never warn you of the nice ones and those are the ones you really have to worry about