No filter?

Wed, 01/28/2015 - 21:35 -- mfaroni

No filter

Well, I am pretty pale, and my teeth aren't that white.

No filter

But my smile does radiate, and my skin shows that life does have a bite.

No filter

My hair hardly shines but was I meant to be in a shampoo commercial anyways?

No filter

Yes, I do have acne, but this app is really helpful.....

......but that's just an app and this isn't a virtual world.

No filter

Should I say-? Should I not do-? 

No filter

Maybe I won't be seen if I just...

.....but why?

Tell me, how did I get this way?

Why do I do this to myself?

Can I not see the physical uniqueness and natural quirky personality I somehow obtained through some godforsaken thing called LIFE?

NEVER filter

This walk, this talk, the way I managed to have a penmenship all of my own has no filter...

....it never could be filtered.

NEVER filter

My body, though I may be so so very mean to and critique it in every way possible, does not deserve it. And though I can try, and Lord knows I have tried, to correct it to be something close to unreal, I accept myself.

NEVER filter

I am made up of constellations of freckles, I have scars that show that my challenges have been conquered ( I mean, look who's still standing tall), the bags under my eyes signify that sleep is for the weak and I am strong, this acne shows my youth and though it may not be beautiful I am only trying to even out the chemical complexity within my body as we speak so please stop asking me to pop it because another pop might make my patience pop as well. The stretch marks on the back of my legs show that I have grown, my body was too quick for my skin to catch up to. My body in general resembles the genetic makeup that I am in fact one in a billion and this makeup will never be cloned. The muscles that flex and relax throughout my body represent the time and effort I have spent training it to exceed normal health, to become fit to outlift my ex boyfriend, to be an exceptional athlete. My talk, excuse the roughness, or don't. is not something I can help, it has caused pain and mended broken hearts, it has spoken two languages and recited multiple lessons, it has been a comforter and a fighter, it has been my gateway to projection of emotion. I cannot be filtered, my persona cannot be filtered, I am me and the real me, the one that cannot be filtered, is a better me. 

NEVER filter

I have never been one to blend in, I stop trying to now.