Not Always The Prince

I am rushing to the palace

My palms are sweaty and my heart is racing

I have my big blue gown and my hair tied up with my glass slippers

I look through the carriage window- we are almost there

The trip to the castle was bumpy and long and quite cold

The carriage stops, we are here.

They open the door and I step out

The cold air hits my face as I step out I can hear the music and laughter from outside the palace

I walk inside looking- I wasn't sure who or what to look for but I just walk around here

I walk fo a while and I felt something or someone watching me 

I turn around to see- it was a guy

He looks the same age as me , he looks curious

I walk around more to see if he was really staring at me. His eyes just move as I move just looking at me.

I walk towards to  him to ask why he's been staring at me for a while

Hey I said Why you been staring at me like a weirdo? 

He smiled and did a soft laugh and said It's because you look like a lost puppy, I just thought you were new here. 

Well I said, I am new here-I don't come to the palace often this is my first time.

We talk for a while-  his name is Nicolas, his conversations were fun and interesting and then I ask him "Are you the prince ?"

This time he laughed loud and long . When he finally stop he said "Oh god no, do you see girls surrounding me "

"Well no I don't but hey not all ladies would want you" I laughed. He just looks at me and said " Oh really. No lady would want me?"

Nope I said bursting out laighing and he laughed too. We continue laughing and talking for a while until someone tap my shoulder.

I turned around and looked at him . He had a serious face and he wall tall . He had red hair and green eyes, and he smelled nice.

Yes? I said . He smiled and said " I was wondering if you would have a dance with me".  "Who are you to come and interrupt someone when they are talking."

"Well" he said " For starters, he said "I am the prince ." Before I can respond back Nicolas said "Go ahead, I'll find you later."

I danced with Prince for a while.

We spin in cirlces, my hair was flying with me, my gown is turning as I turn. My heart is beating as every step I take. 

As soon as we stop dancing he took me outside he talked and talked and talked. I space out on what he was saying and I was looking what was around me.

The wind was blowing, trees were swaying back and forth . The smell of flowers fill the air .

I turn around and faced him, "Im sorry ' I said " But I have to go". I went back inside and went to look for Nicolas. I found him stuffing his face in the food table.

"Hey" I said. "You want to get out of here and get something to eat?" He smiled and said "Sure".

As we walk out of the palace , the warm breeze hits us and our laughter fills the air. 

Simply, I forgot it was almost midnight.