Ocean

Wed, 10/26/2016 - 09:50 -- annoura

I start out on the surface, wading in the waves of life, just going with the flow. Everything is at ease. But sometimes life can get rough. The waves get bigger and become scary, they start to crash over me, leaving me gasping for air. I try to keep afloat in this drama filled body of water they call life. I struggle and struggle and scream for help. As I look around, I notice that no one is there to hear me, no one is there to save me, I am all alone. My muscles become tired, weak, and these suffocating waves show no sign of stopping. So I stop, I stop my screaming, my flailing, my gasping. I let my entire body submerge into the water as the white capped waves continue to toss me around like a rag doll. I feel the stress leaving my muscles as I release my effort of trying to stay afloat. I start sinking in this water that is full of my emotions, my bad decisions, and other people's hurtful words. As I watch the surface slowly leaving my reach, I feel myself becoming colder. The warmth stayed where the waves were calm, where life was controllable. As I sink into the depths of this dense ocean, thoughts flood my mind and become louder, more profound, but start to mean less and less Even though it feels like I’ve been sinking for miles it only takes me a couple minutes to hit bottom. I feel the sand beneath me, finally I have stable ground. I can’t hear the chaotic sounds anymore. I am finally at peace.