Once there was..

Once a boy came along and taught me what I thought was love.
He ignored me in the hallways but kissed me when everyone was gone.
I did a lot for this boy because I thought he would do the same for me but he never did.
He swore he loved me but never did much to prove it.
He'd give me scraps of affection to fool me into thinking love was there.
I fell for this boy and still care for this boy.
But I learned that what I had with this boy was not love.

Once a boy came along and taught me what I thought was a new beginning.
We laughed and smiled and talked everyday.
I could of swore he liked me until he asked her out.
He built me up and knocked me down swiftly and easily, never with words but with actions.
Made me believe I could move past the boy with the fake love, only to end up damaging my heart a little more than it already was before.
Miscommunication and mixed signals seem to be the basis of this twisted relationship.
I still act like everything is okay around him because what else can I do.
I learned that new beginnings can end before they even become anything beautiful.

Once there was a girl who always thought the best in people and who always found the goodness in things.
Now she has lived through many heartbreaking relationships and people and she no longer sees the glass half full anymore.
She has been hurt far to many times by far to many people to believe people can care about her.
The two boys are merely two out of dozens who have damaged her in some way.
Leaving her to doubt herself and wonder why she was not good enough to be cared about and treated well.
No one is perceptive to the pain she is dealing with and the loneliness she feels and still brushes her off as if she is not important.
She still doesn't understand why she never seems to be good enough to be treated well
I still don't understand.