The Pain of Right Now

Dear Marjon,

I know it feels like you are drowning in an abyss of emotions,

And every time someone tries to throw you a life saver it just turns into another wave.

You have always tried to rationalize and label everything,

But life and emotions were not meant to fit in little boxes.

You opened yourself up to the idea of love and in doing so you also opened yourself up to pain.

You were angry that you felt like were not enough,

Yet some how you also felt the you were too much.

It was your worst nightmare come true,

Someone looked at you and said, “Maybe I can find someone who will make me happier.”

It hurt to be made so little by someone so inferior,

But what hurt the most was the I told you so that you slapped into your own face.

And although I still feel this pain and am sick of hearing people talk about how time will heal,

The truth is it will but time is an indefinite answer that can be given to any question.

What you need is to be angry and stay angry.

And I know that does not come easy to you,

You find anger to point less but in all honesty, it is the fire that will fuel you through pain.

You also need to allow you self to grieve the pain,

Even if it is just so you can bury it and walk away.

But if I could wish anything for you it would be for you to keep that door open.

I know that more pain will walk through but I also know that so will joy.

Be enough for yourself before you try to please others,  

And don’t worry about your walls being built so high that no one will ever venture,

Just leave that door open so someone can at least try.

Yours truly,

Marjon Rafie