The "Peasant" that Prospered

BANG BANG BANG!!! The sound of a personal renaissance, so I thought

Unable to go above and beyond because the mind set was still at a loss

For you to understand my transgressions, you must first understand my past and adolescence

Let’s journey into the mind of one so often called a “Peasant”

Many nights I felt alone, I was target practice for harsh and bleak words

There is an abundance of peace deep within, so why attack me I could not understand

So I cover up the pain with a laugh and a grin, so no one will know the pain under my skin

The silent “Peasant” speaks not; the clarity of my cognition casually commence to rot

As time passes by I harden of course; I will no longer be the receptor of those rigid words

Asphalt is my heart so liquid nitrogen is my soul and I’m a ticking time bomb on perpetual patrol

Like a cheetah chasing prey, I am fast to conflict, no remorse from my tongue, just hatred

Cry me a Nile while your tears plunder faster than Niagara Falls

Feel the pain of a “Peasant”; feel the pain you caused

Fast forward from foolery now the tongue is tamed, the tongue of slander and malice is surely maimed

Once blinded by rage and the neglect shown by my peers, in this world I was adrift sharing no cheers

Fake me is to a lay-up as a three-point shot is to the real me; my life shown to the world is a B-ball game in HD

I became so adapted to lay-ups I refused to shoot a three

“Peasant” you call me, but now I’m shooting threes; lay-ups are expeditiously eliminated from my game with ease

Discombobulated is an understatement of my future plan; so I had a talk with my head coach, Coach I AM. 

Now I’m shooting threes of love, tranquility, and the Gospel to the world that go SWISH!

Bestowed upon me is a new mind set, a unique way of thinking called “The Golden Rule Concept”

I hid behind a curtain of pain and depression, now my mirror rigorously reflects radiant relevance

Thanks to my head coach who reigns forever in Heaven, He and He alone has transfigured the one known as a “Peasant”