Pitiche

Fri, 11/28/2014 - 17:41 -- Katsuro

Now that I look back on it he was a handsome man. ice blue eyes, dark blond hair, and a broad chin. he had tight lips maybe because he never smiled. He seemed like one of those people who wore wife beaters or tight blue faded shirts that show off more than the person had, he fell in that category. He wasn't patient not at all but he could make a sweet rhythm with his fingers on the dashboard of his car. He seemed like a pushy man. If he didn't get the way he wanted he would simply raise his voice fill it with harsh language and clench his fists together. He certainly was the most handsome lowlifes of lowlifes. He didn't catch my attention at first. I was simply waiting for my mother outside of the store. I was doodling on my notebook it was going to be a unicorn with rainbow strips all over its horn or al least that was what it was going to look like when I was done. He was shouting at a woman right next when he interrupted me. He sharply lifted his arm and pointed it at the store. He was telling her to go to the store but it seemed more as an insult then showing the direction. The engine of the car they were was pounding in my ears I could barely hear anything they were saying. The man must have liked loud things that were in command. I placed my attention on the car. It was gray ,a very ugly gray, but shiny. I could see myself in back of the car but what really caught my attention was the horse on the hoad of the car. It stood on its hind legs and sticked its fronts ones out years to come i would learn it was a stallion.I heard a loud thump. I twisted my head back to the two people. Instead I was greeted by my own reflection again. The car was riding away and I saw the man looking through the reverse mirror. Impatient. I saw something on the car that I couldn't see before from my point of view, it was a bumper sticker. 'Proud parent of a perfect attendance student'

Still, the bumper sticker was a bright blue and yellow, it looked horrible against the grey of the car. He was on a tight schedule on where people could get hurt if they were late and took too long for any reason. Like my ears.

I love being on time. It's the only way I can feel content and I'm control of my own life. When things are late I would feel as if everyone is trying to rip the pieces I've so carefully placed together. He hated being late and I hated not being on time

The woman from the car was now half lying on the the curb of the store. I ducked into my lap to give the illusion that I had magically never paid attention to the commotion that just happened. I heard the lady stand up and a soft pat sound was made and I heard a swift walk against my ears. The sliding doors opened and she was gone. I stood up from my sitting place and stood on my tippy toes to look through the window of the store. I saw the woman walk calmly with her long brown hair flowing behind her. She wore armor and battle scars but her long brunette hair  was the most powerful thing it's was so long and vibrate. Why couldn't the man see the perfection of her?

I looked back at my drawing. it was horrible. My majestic unicorn was anything but majestic. The unicorns coat was darker then a unicorns stereotypical   white coat, instead it was gray. It was terrible it was ugly. I took out my eraser and roughly erased the dark smudges of my pencil. The gray smudges spread all over my paper. I placed the paper on the rough concrete sidewalk and continued to erase it. the color of the sidewalk sunk into my paper. my magical white rainbow colored mane was now permanently gray and ugly. I sighed as I looked at my destroyed drawing. I placed my all my color pencils all back into my case. I was disappointed with myself. how could i have created such a horrible piece. it’s was that cars fault I thought to myself. that loud horrendous car ruined my drawing. i looked back at my drawing I looked alot like the horse on the gray car. I took out my pencil from my case and drew in a base for my unicorn to stand on.

I heard the automatic doors of the stores opening again. I looked from the corner of my eye. It was the brown haired knight with two plastic bags in each hand. she sat back on the curb and took out a silver pod from her pocket. she dialed a couple of numbers and allowed it to ring. he soft voice would make a comment into the pod but a loud boom was heard on the other line. this kept going for a while until she placed the pod back in her pocket. I hunched my head into my shoulders and kept coloring in the base of the unicorns stand. Soft chokes were heard from the knight. She rubbed her arms against her eyes and then placed her face in her palms. her shoulders were jumping up and down and her choking sounds became louder. she took a long thick inhale from her nose you could hear all of the liquid she was trying to tame with her sword.

she didn't even notice the shade above her.

It was a cloudless day outside so clear you could clearly see each bird rested in a tree. with no cloud outside there was no protection against the sun. except for the banner of the market place. an emergency door to the market place was propped open and the air caused the banner so sway making shade for the sobbing women below. She couldn't feel the soft breeze on her back, the nice dark section she was sitting on, the clear view of the tree with the colorful birds -no instead she kept her head down and cried- she could hear her muffled croaks, the clicking of the cash registers, and the impatient tapping of my pencil.

The ride back to home was a quiet one. No one spoke for there was no need. The young one sat in the back looking out the car window.  "Well...I think it's beautiful" my mother said to me from the reverse mirror. She meant the picture I drew. I looked at it from my lap. It was a huge gray blob, I declared that my drawing was finished. It was the exact opposite of beautiful. How was it that my mother could see it was beautiful but i couldn't, I had just as good vision as her. then again the handsome man couldn't see the lady's beautiful hair, the lady didn't see the beautiful day, I supposed it would make sense for me not to see the beauty of my drawing. I leaned in my chair and didn't even bother to reply. If I learned anything today nothing was beautiful.