Recreate and Repeat

"Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself - what you're wearing, who you're around, what you're doing. Recreate and repeat."

-- Warsan Shire

Tuesday, 8:17 p.m. - Sitting at my desk by myself wearing my dad's old gray crewneck and listening to the rain and listening to The Paper Kites and distractedly working on APUSH homework and feeling the cold breeze and daydreaming

Sunday, 1:51 p.m. - Jittering, anticipating the fashion show to start, sitting next to an old comforting friend, drenched in the soft glow of the stage lights, wearing a soft sweater and a small smile, listening to the loud thump of the DJ's familiar remixes, the lights go dark and everything makes sense

Tuesday, 9:39 p.m. - I'm lying in bed in shorts and a too big tie dye tee shirt. I'm telling my dad about my day. I flossed. I trimmed and filed my nails. I turned my fan back on. I took a standardized test. Today was good.

Wednesday, 8:57 a.m. - The windows are down, The 1975 is playing low, the warm wind is rushing lightly across my face, I'm wearing ripped up jeans and a gray shirt, I don't feel gray, I'm heading to another doctor's appointment, this is who I am, and that's okay with me

Recreate and repeat.

http://kabystwocents.blogspot.com/2015/04/moments.html

ksbartels

What am I supposed to put in the comments field? Do I comment on my own poem? Do I analyze it a little bit?

Okay, well. I found this quote while scrolling through tumblr one day and found it very inspiring. I then decided to write this poem is over the course of a few weeks and really tried to highlight the times I felt the most in love with myself and the certain state in which I was. Each stanza is written a little bit differently, like the first as a total run-on sentence and the third being very choppy. The quality of the structure sort of reflects my mood on those days at those times.

Thanks