Room 13

To my recent heartbreak—

Room 13.Away from home,Away from you.Forget my phone,And forget what you do.Room 13.Someone’s beside me,But I’m all alone.You forgot to remind me,Your heart’s made of stone.And the blinds have been shut,And the windows have bars.Your words had once cut me,But not anymore.Room 13.Your eyes are crystals,Your eyes are glass.Your eyes are pistols,Your eyes are black.Room 13.Midnight.You’re asleep, and I’m wide awake,And you can’t see me fall and you can’t see me break.Because your soul is cold,Your soul is bare.Your soul is old,Your soul isn’t there.I’m sleeping now in my room 13,Where my thoughts race and my tears stream.You haven’t called, you haven’t visited,My mind, body, and soul you have riveted.And your heart is blue,Your heart is ice.Your heart is true,Your heart is right.Room 13 is where I do all my thinking,I think of you and the hurt you’ve been bringing.There’s a hole that you left deep inside of my heart,And there’s nothing to mend it, nowhere you can start.I can say nothing is like the solemnity in this cage,With a pen and emotions overflowed onto one page.Where does it begin and where does it end?Could I call you my lover or should I call you my friend?Room 13 is the space where these thoughts can unfold,It’s where my emotions are charged and my actions are bold.It’s why I’m here in this room 13,Where the windows are barred and the blinds close on dreams.But my heart aches for you anywhere that I am,No matter the room or my mind’s forced demands.I see your eyes are there,I see your soul has rot.I see your heart is fair,But you are not,In my room 13. —From your bed-ridden ex-lover