Say I Look so Good Tonight (For Myself)

"Makeup? For me please?"

No.

I am flawless. 

I can learn to feel pretty because of the things I tell myself, not because of the back handed compliments that you used to give me and pushed me to hate myself. 

"You don't love me because you don't try to wear nicer clothes" 

No. 

I am flawless. 

If you love me without clothes and with clothes on then it should not matter to you or anybody else what I decided to wear. I should not restrict what I wear because you claimed my body. 

"That was over 5 years ago. You should be over it by now" 

No. 

I am flawless. 

My past is what makes me, me. Knowing the uncomfortable touch that a person can create is something that I never want anybody to feel. I fight to never let it happen to anybody else. 

"You're not worth my time." 

No. 

I am flawless. 

Every second you spent telling me I was the best was a second that I should have been telling myself that I am perfect. Everything about me is exactly the way it should be. It took me years to love my body and my personality, ranging from my wheezes and snorts to my long legs. Regardless of what you did to me physically and emotionally I am still flawless. 

I will remain flawless. Nobody will ever take this feeling away from me again. 

Loving myself is what makes me flawless.