She

America. She used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it. Rumor has it that an Englishman found her & sold her some dreams. An Englishman who would in time play with her like a puppet on strings, constantly pulling and tugging on her strands of freedom. Because she was so young and naïve she went with it, even though, she used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it.

America. She used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it. Until she was informed that sharing her body with someone of color was frowned upon. She knew otherwise though, she knew that she shared her body with the Englishman and many men before her. Because she was so young and naïve she went with it, even though, she used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it.

America. She used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it. Then she fell in love with a man and was informed that she only belonged to man and had no right to share her embrace with her sisters and unfamiliar strangers. Little did she know, that good could come from sharing her embrace with people, like and unlike her. Because she was so young and naïve she went with it, even though, she used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it.

America. She used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it. Then she heard some rumors about a group of Russian girls that were really good at science had mutual interest with some girls in Cuba, sharing. Of course she wouldn’t let her light be dimmed out so easily, so she became competitive. Because she was so young and naïve she went with it, even though, she used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it.

America. She used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it. Until she fell for the rehearsed words of some A-list wannabe who was concerned with gaining a fortune. She fell so deeply in love with the money and started to lose a bit of her humanity. Because she was so young and naïve she went with it, even though, she used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it.

America. She used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it. Then she ran into conflict between two men, a bit of feminine pride, and some unnecessary opinions about a group of Iraqis. She fell deeply concerned with these issues at the time but she could only focus on one. Because she was so young and naïve she went with it, even though, she used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it.

America. She used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it. But rumor got out to the Iraqis that she had an opinion and reflexes got the best of her. She knew very well though that this was more than an action triggered by her instinctual reaction, she knew how to put her mind over matter. Because she was so young and naïve she went with it, even though, she used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it.

America. She used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it. but as we all know the past eventually comes back to haunt us somewhere in time.  Now she’s slowly trying to fix all of the conflict that she’s come across over her young but developing life, she’s been left jaded from it all. Because she is so young and naïve she will go with it, even though, she used to belong to everyone and she was okay with it.

Yaira Romero ©