Social anxiety

Picture an eternity of just listening. Of course everyone around you is aware that you’re there and your so painfully aware that your there too and the only thing holding you back from authentic interaction is an eternity of conclusions that you yourself have constructed to prohibit you from ever starting that conversation.

Picture staring at the Facebook messenger screen scrolling through online contacts constantly clicking and typing a word be it hi or hey it’s constantly deleted and replaced until finally there’s a thousand conclusions why texting this person is a bad idea and they probably don’t like you or they would’ve texted first so you move on and go through the same process again.

And again

And again

And yet no ever receives a word.

Picture seeing a group of people who your really like sitting on the bench and your sure they do/don’t/do/don’t/do/don’t like you too and you begin walking sweating and shaking and was that a look of distain maybe this was a bad idea I’m sure it’s me they’re laughing at so I better move on they’re most likely having a dmc god what was I thinking so I keep walking and I have lost again.

Picture me, hear me for I am speaking and will not be misheard or ashamed and I will never be quite.