Society Through a Telescope

A man once told me to look afar so that my success will travel far, my creativiy traveling over moutains and bridges all because of this on man. This black man, who told me I would have to work even harder because of the color of my skin, he told that when I do anything I would have to make sure it fit in my future and I had to make sure it was common sense. Looking forward anxiously toward my ambitions this black man told me to forget all about my dreams but keep my vision, and even though he was not very religious he told me that I should look to the heavens toward the almighty for guidance. At first I laughed at this brillant mind and I never wanted to believe he was right, I believed that all black people both men, women, and children had equal rights. I didn't believe in rascim, segragation, or slavery of the mind. As I got older I began too see that alot of young black males where exactly like me they sagged their pants, cursed, and blasted garbage from there headphnes in their ears but none of them knew how to read. The other children who read chapter books by age where the same color as me constantly mocked the others our brothers who could not read and instead of helping them to progress they be littled them and continously progressed to humiliate the ignorant and became ignorant themselves. My heart quickly filled with sorrows and my mind was filled with stress, as I tried to speak words would not com out of my mouth. It was as if I where choking on some type of black ooz and I began to cough repeatedly. I looked ut the window toward the sky and a dim light sprouted from the clouds it was if God knew what I wanted to say and he allowed my words to come out, I yelled "STOP" at the top of my lungs and all of my peers stared at me. My eyes where full of sadness and I was out of breath from yelling at the top of my lungs and my palms began to sweat I felt like I ran a hundred marathons in that moment. Then I proceeded to speak I expalined to my peers that if you cannot read you must learn and that if you are able to read you must teach someone else, I explained that the ability to read is not only important so that you can succeed but, the ability to read is important for the success of the community. I explained that no one should be humimlated because of their inability to preform. These events that I'm currently writing about happened to me in my first year of junior high school and these events felt son unreal but, as I look at society today and back then I see that many young adults are heading in direction where education is not important to them and all they care about is money, women, and drugs. No one has any goals or morals and as there own brother or sister is lying in the dirt they kick them instead of helping them out but, my quiestion is after all of society has fallen do to a lack of eduation or guidance what will happen? 

vonmarqui

i did not edit this so sorry... on is suppose to be old, ut is suppose to be out