Statistics

They say I can make it happen, break the cycle don't let the abuse continue overlapping. Statistics say you're likely to end up like your parents it's insane. that's just static in my brain.

Day to day I try to live and do it right. Its a struggle, it's a fight to do what God says I need to do when I say my prayers to him tonight... I trust in him day to day, try to hear what he has to say. I'm trying to make him proud, but these statistics are growing loud.

I get teased for being me Im just trying to please. I was never good enough to the ones who were supposed to matter most . Now they feel like a ghost. Its haunting me... It's made it rough but I'm a child to the one true king and he fights for me. I've had enough. Feeling worthless isn't my style. I am worth while.

illnesses all around, I'm feeling bound to them. They say pray, God will overcome. But for some That's too hard to trust. They are thinking I must find out a way, but what they forget is, he is the way. The struggle between his will and mine leaves me torn. But then I remember I'm born again.

The world is full of hate. Their fate is not mine. When I get shunned I frown, but then he lifts my head up and I straighten my crown. I'm proud to be a child of the one true king. Although these statistics are growing loud, he is above all. His love holds me and I will not fall.