Step on a Crack

They say when you step on a crack you break your mother's back growing up you see each foot coming to fruition. left right there goes tuition left right there goes the car left right each step further contorting the pivotal backbone that is the mother. the one that brought you into this world the one that fed and clothed you the one that made you, you. Ideally coming into the age of maturation it seems that the cracks should come far and come few but with each step taken you can sense her form further misshapen. Slowly you wander through the course careful to avoid the cracks, loathing the consequence of each misstep. A mother who continues to give you everything and in return what could you possibly manage, everything blanches in comparison. So you give her what you can, your love attempting to mend the damage. Not nearly enough but one day, maybe someday soon there will no longer be cracks in your path a mother once incapacitated by your mistakes now conciliated by the path you take. Unbounded is your path that was once littered with cracks. left right no more pain left right she stands up straight.

CarolineDewey

This poem you wrote is concise, enjoyable, and ends on a positive note. Really brings self-awareness and ability to affect others' lives to the forefront. Important message! You have handled the art well. 

May I have permission to read your and give credit to you, of course, to our poetry club in Fort Wayne, Indiana? We meet once a month at our library and I know they would love this. The only one to credit right now is "rtrtrt62 who posted May 30, 2017". If you will allow, I will share it with our NI POETS ("Poets Of Every Type Society"). Oh, and Thanks so much for writing it!!

-Caroline